Pearl Fryar Topiary
Pearl Fryar's Topiary is simply a GREAT place to visit. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for something out of the ordinary. Cheryl and I stopped by on our way back from Maine. He was a very genuine artist. You could tell by the way he talked about his work, it really is his passion. We learned about Pearl on a GPTV program. You can order the disk from his website. Once you watch it, you'll want to vist there as well. I've embedded a slide show below! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
If you are following this site, you will know that one of my goals is to demonstrate the tight integration of the Google Apps, as well as how easily they can be accessed. So, this is a Reader's Digest version of how this album, the collage, and the slideshow were created.
- The photos were shot with an Iphone, which automatically uploaded them to G+ Photos.
- From the G+ Photos I created and moved them to an album.
- From the Album, I synced them with my desktop Picasa. All editing was done in Picasa.
- I create the collage in Picasa and saved it in the Picasa album, which synced it back to the online album.
- I created the post in Blogger, and simply browsed to the album to select the collage.
- I then opened the Web Album and 'shared' the album using the 'embed slideshow' feature that comes with G+/Picasa Web Albums.
- I then used the scheduler to post the article at 6AM.
- I copied the URL of the post and used that to schedule an announcement for the post via a few online tools.
If you want to know more.. .just contact me!